COME JOIN US FALL 2019
Next year's yoga retreat will take place at a zen temple in Iiyama, Nagano prefecture. Sattva Fitness Yoga Center's master teacher, Rached Maalouf, and Mimi Wright, ERYT200, will be leading the yoga retreat. You will stay at the temple where we will meditate and practice yoga. All levels are welcome to join us.
HOW MUCH IS IT
• Temple stay, rooming up to 4 people, ¥120,000 per person (Tatami room on the 2nd floor, sleeping with Futon. Bathrooms are shared and on the1st floor)
• Hotel stay for 2 ¥140,000 (Western style ) per person
• Hotel stay for 1 ¥ 150,000 (Western style) per person
For those with a traveling companion, who is not doing yoga in the morning
• Temple stay ¥90,000 per person
• Hotel stay for 2 ¥110,000 per person
• Hotel stay for 1 ¥120,000 per person
• Accommodation at one of the desired locations stated above
• Welcome Dinner on October 21st
•Light breakfast and Shojin lunch at the temple per day from October 22nd - 26th
•Light breakfast on the 27th, the day of departure
• If you stay at the hotels, you will come to the temple for breakfast and lunch. Hotels are within 5 minutes walk from the temple.
• 2 yoga sessions per day from October 22nd - 26th
• 1-day picnic to Madarao (or other location) to do yoga in the forest
• 1-day outing to Zenkoji temple. Zenkoji was founded in 7th century and it is Japan's primary center of Buddhist faith. Many visitors come every year to be awed by the masterpiece of Buddhist architecture. It is a half-day trip, we will leave after morning yoga. Bento lunch will be provided.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
• Airfare to and from Japan
• JR pass (highly recommended, especially if you plan to explore Japan
• Transportation to and from the temple
• Rental car
• Costs associated with activities of your choice
•Alcohol, water, soft drinks
•Laundry, telephone calls, and incidental expenditures.
•Onsen, public bath entrance fee, about 5-6 dollars per day. There is a deep soaking bath and shower at the temple; if you choose to go to Onsen and enjoy the hot spring water, it is only a couple minutes walk from the temple.
$50 reservation fee is non-refundable and applicable towards the total balance due. A 50% deposit must be paid by March 1st, to secure your spot. The balance must be paid in full by August 20th. After August 21st, no refund will be given. Because the international exchange rate fluctuates from day to day, the easiest way to pay for this retreat is using XOOM. Once I receive the $50 reservation fee, I will explain how to use XOOM.
Cancellations and refunds: Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and sent by email to Mimi. They are subject to the following refund schedule:
After you pay for the $50 reservation fee:
$50 reservation fee is non-refundable
After the 50% deposit was made, up to August 20th, 2019:
Fully refunded less $50 deposit according to the International exchange rate minus any transaction fee.
After August 21st:
No Refund is given. Also, please note that no refunds will be made for no-show at the retreat.
The daily schedule of this one-week retreat starts with light breakfast at the dining hall. Meditation starts after breakfast and it is optional. Meditative Yin yoga will be led by Mimi. Dynamic and powerful hatha yoga, designed to meet all levels of participants will be led by Rached, right after Yin yoga session. We incorporate Yin and Yang yoga, to balance off our energy level.
0700-0740 Light breakfast
0900-1015 Yin yoga
1030-1145 Hatha yoga
1200-1300 Shojin lunch
1300- Free time
精進"Shojin" lunch will be provided everyday after yoga sessions by the temple chef. Shojin cuisine is the traditional dining style of Buddhist monks in Japan. The "shojin" means a devotion to pursue a perfect state of mind banishing worldly thoughts and making efforts to keep striving for limitless perfection at each stage. Shojin cuisine is made without meat, fish, or other animal products. It can be enjoyed by vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters.
After lunch, it is your afternoon to enjoy. You may explore the city of Iiyama, where the temple is located. There are many activities waiting for you. Local restaurants are near by for dinner options as well.